- Your appointment will last 4-5 hours (testing time may vary depending on patient’s testing speed).
- There will be a 30 minute lunch break during the appointment. We suggest that you bring your lunch or there is a cafe in the building for your convenience.
- Bring glasses and hearing aids if you wear them.
- Bring your insurance cards, ID, referral slip from your doctor, and your completed patient forms.
- Please try to get a good night’s sleep (or at least your “normal” amount of sleep) the night before the evaluation and follow your “normal” morning routine before your appointment. For example, you should eat breakfast, take your morning medications, and drink your usual amount of coffee, tea, or other beverage. If you are being assessed to determine if you have an attention-deficit disorder (ADHD), however, you might not want to take any attention-enhancing medication that day. Please call us if you have questions about this.
- Family members are welcome to participate in the interview with the doctor, which usually takes the first 45 to 60 minutes of the appointment, but family members will not be able to be present while the patient is being evaluated.